NEC Ranger AK
After receiving a lot of requests for information on the NEC Ranger AK Telephone System (Also known as the NEC Electra 8/24), I decided to create an online resource with documentation, quick reference guides and other information on this system.
The NEC Ranger is a reliable and easy to use telephone system that was introduced in 1989 and was still used in new installations for many years after that.
These pages were written around 2002, and I haven’t touched an NEC Ranger system since 2003. They are still online for archival purposes only.
Information that is available includes:
- Frequently Asked Questions — Covers questions frequently received by email.
- Administrative Programming — Covers common programming such as the system clock, night transfer, etc.
- System Programming — Covers main system installation programming.
- Proprietary Phone Programming — Covers programming features on your proprietary phone.
- Proprietary Phone Usage — Covers using the NEC Proprietary telephones.
- SLT Usage — Covers using standard single line telephones.
Files that are available for download from this site are:
- Electra 8/24 Installation Service Manual — This installation and service manual is for the Electra 8/24, but is almost identical to the Ranger AK.
- Ranger AK Brochure
- Ranger AK Station Operations Manual
- Ranger AK Time Change
Conditions of use: Whilst I will aim to have all instructions and information as accurate as possible, you are responsible for any changes you make to your system.